National Ag Day is March 15th. Here are six reasons why it’s important for all Americans to recognize – and celebrate – Ag Day each year.
- Increased knowledge of agriculture and nutrition allows individuals to make informed personal choices about diet and health.
- Informed citizens will be able to participate in establishing the policies that will support a competitive agricultural industry in the U.S. and abroad.
- Employment opportunities exist across the board in agriculture. Career choices include:
- Farm production
- Agribusiness management and marketing
- Agricultural research and engineering
- Food science
- Processing and retailing
- Landscape architecture
- Urban planning
- And other fields
AEM Supports National Ag Day
AEM is once again a sponsor of National Ag Day, which will celebrate its 43rd anniversary in 2016.
National Ag Day is organized annually by the Agriculture Council of America (ACA). This year’s theme is “Agriculture: Stewards of a Healthy Planet.”
For Ag Day event ideas and planning tips, visit www.agday.org.